My work has always centered around keeping my clients safe and feeling relaxed and cared for, and this includes following infection control procedures. This will continue to be my focus moving forward during the COVID-19 crisis. My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Here’s some of the protocols that are now in place.
- You’ll be asked to wait in your car and call or text me at 508.986.8601 so that I can clear you to come into the office. This will allow me enough time to clean and disinfect while preventing an overlap of possibly too many clients in the waiting room at one time. No visitors or accompanying family members may be in the waiting room and will be asked to wait in their automobile.
- Please have a clean, well-fitted mask in place before entering the building – I will also happily provide a single-use surgical mask for you to wear during your time in the building.
- Please use the restroom to wash your hands before entering the suite. The restrooms are at the top of the stairs (to the left and right of the elevator).
- I will greet you at the door to Suite 22. All folks entering the office are screened for COVID with a questionnaire (sent to you via email the day before your appointment and available HERE) and touchless thermometer reading.
- I will post my own temperature reading on a white board each day.
- We will both be wearing a mask for the duration of the massage session and the entirety of the appointment (including intake and check-out).
CLEANING & DISINFECTING:
- EPA-registered disinfectants will be used to disinfect the massage table, face cradles, and any bolsters or implements used during a session, as well as any other surfaces that may become contaminated through touch or respiratory droplets, such as door handles, tabletops, light switches, desks, pens/styluses, and payment touch screens.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the office. I will continue to follow strict hand hygiene protocols before and after each session and throughout the day.
- I will have a HEPA air filtration system running in my treatment room. Windows may be opened in clement weather if appropriate.
- All linens are single service use and will be stored in closed bins after use. Linens are washed in hot water and dried on high heat.
- My mask and apron/gown will be changed for each client.
- Safe face massage is not possible and therefore prohibited at this time.
- 90-minute sessions are temporarily not available, to lessen the amount of time we are sharing airspace together.
- We’ll do payment and future appointment scheduling in the treatment room after your massage session is complete. You also have the option to pre-pay ahead of time – you can do so when you book your appointment online, or you can contact me to arrange a form of pre-payment.
- If you feel ill on the day of your session, please contact me right away to cancel your appointment. You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you are canceling due to illness.
There is a lot of change, but what remains is my commitment to your safety and your health, and to wanting to help you feel better during these very challenging times. Thank you for your trust and your understanding.