Updated January 2022 COVID-19 Policies
January 15, 2022
As we continue to navigate the global COVID-19 pandemic, I’m working hard to keep my treatment space safe for everyone and especially for those who are immunocompromised and living with complex medical conditions.
My work has always centered around keeping my clients safe and feeling relaxed and cared for.
Here’s what’s happening in my office:
- I am only seeing clients who are COVID-vaccinated and boosted according to CDC-recommended schedules. If there is a medical reason that you are unable to be vaccinated, please contact me for further details on how to proceed.
- I am fully vaccinated (Moderna. First dose: 1/24/2021; Second dose 2/21/2021)
- I got my Moderna COVID vaccine booster on 10/27/2021.
- I am getting regular COVID PCR tests done on a weekly basis.
- If you feel ill on the day of your session, please contact me right away to cancel your appointment. You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you are canceling due to illness.
- You’ll be asked to wait in your car and call or text me at 508.986.8601 so that I can clear you to come into the office. This will allow me enough time to clean and disinfect while preventing an overlap of possibly too many clients in the waiting room at one time.
- Please have a clean, well-fitted mask in place before entering the building – I will also happily provide a single-use surgical mask for you to wear during your time in the building.
- We will both be wearing a mask for the duration of the massage session and the entirety of the appointment (including intake and check-out).
CLEANING & DISINFECTING:
- EPA-registered disinfectants will be used to disinfect the massage table, face cradles, and any bolsters or implements used during a session, as well as any other surfaces that may become contaminated through touch or respiratory droplets, such as door handles, tabletops, light switches, desks, pens/styluses, and payment touch screens.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available. I will continue to follow strict hand hygiene protocols before and after each session and throughout the day.
- I will have a HEPA air filtration system running in my treatment room and the window is opened between clients.
- All linens are single service use and will be stored in closed bins after use. Linens are washed in hot water and dried on high heat.
- My apron/gown will be changed for each client.
Safety is and has always been my main priority. I will continue to keep an eye on Massachusetts infection and hospitalization data as well as emerging variants, and these policies are subject to change at any time.
I appreciate your understanding and your patience!